It’s Friday, and you know what that means:
Boise Bucket List Food Truck Review!
This week, I had the honor of meeting Karlie & Matthew – owners of the Twister Sister Coffee and Smoothies.
Why so Twisted, Sister?
Karlie & Matthew decided to get into the food truck business back in October 2016. Matthew – a wildlife firefighter, and Karlie – a student at BSU, were driving around Boise and saw a “for sale” sign in the Twisted Sister Coffee Truck.
Karlie & Matthew contacted the owner, and before they knew it, there were proud owners of EVERYTHING TWISTED SISTER. From the name, to the food truck — even advice on how to get started as a food truck business. Karlie & Matthew opted to do coffee because during the long days as a wildlife firefighter, coffee wasn’t always fresh. Why not bring the coffee to the firefighters?
Did someone say Potato Drop?
Twisted Sister Coffee had their first big break at the 2017 Idaho Potato Drop celebration. With all the attendees feigning for hot chocolate (or something hot for that 12 degree freezing weather!), it’s no surprise that they sold out of over 15 gallons of milk! They were swamped so much that neither Karlie or Matthew were able to see the potato drop!
Let’s Talk About Deals:
Twisted Sister Coffee has the coolest deals around:
- Customer Punch Card (get 10 drinks, get 1 free)
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Cup): get a $1.00 off a drink (perfect for those who have that favorite coffee cup)
- Monthly special drinks created by Karlie and Matthew (this month it’s the Banana Muffin Mocha and the Birthday Cake Mocha
- Glazed Donuts for purchase
- Iced AND blended coffee drinks
Want to get Twisted too? You can find Twister Sister Coffee here:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/twistedsistercoffee/
Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/twistedsistercoffee/
Some Twisted Facts:
- Karlie and Matthew have a monthly competition of whose monthly special sells the most. I won’t tell you who is behind the Birthday Cake Mocha or the Banana Muffin Mocha. Just know that if you buy the monthly special, you’re contributing to a friendly husband/wife competition!
- Not only sells coffee. Twisted Sister also sells smoothies, espresso drinks, and delicious pastries
- Karlie balanced going to school & planning a wedding all while she and Matthew were gearing up to launch this food truck (true entrepreneurship!)
- A Facebook followers of theirs drove all the way from downtown Boise to ISU in Meridian just to try their almond nut chai (yes people, it’s that good!)
Boise Bucket List Review
As you may get from my feed at @boise_bucketlist, I love coffee. I mean, I was raised on coffee. In my parents’ house, I have this huge coffee mug that I’m known for. My poor dad has to make extra coffee whenever I’m visiting. He doesn’t mind!
That said, I was so happy to drive over to HP and meet Karlie & Matthew. They are the young couple who are chasing their entrepreneurial dream. When I first arrived, I met Matthew who is at the window. After introducing myself (which, by the way is a unique experience because my followers don’t necessarily know how I look), I started chatting with Matthew. Karlie joined us soon thereafter.
While I was interviewing them about their story, one of their regular customers was at the window ready to order. This customer had no idea I was interviewing Karlie for my review. Because of her not knowing, I could see how much she enjoyed the coffee served at Twisted Sister. She ended up getting the “Blue Monster.” Once she realized I was interviewing Karlie, she was raving about the food truck! I love when that happens.
After my awesome interview, Matthew prepared me the almond latte.
OMG – I see why the Facebook fan drove to Meridian to get his fix. It’s that good!
Plus, it was raining out when I met up with Karlie and Matthew. So it was the perfect way to keep me warm.
More importantly, I’m a huge fan and supporter of small businesses who are out here chasing their dreams. Karlie and Matthew are no exception. They continue to grow and prosper with the help and support of the local food truck scene here in Boise, especially the Idaho Food Truck Coalition. And let’s not forget about my buddies at MakyJames Grill. They, too, serve as mentors to fellow food truck owners.
Get Twisted with Twisted Sister Coffee & tell them Boise Bucket List says hello! You’ll thank me once you try that almond latte 🙂
Would you like to be featured on Boise Bucket List? I’m always on the hunt for the best food trucks around, whether you’re starting up or been in business for some time. Email me at email@example.com to chat & get started!